Southern Pharmaceutical Services is a full-service pharmacy employing a team of over 40 personnel including pharmacists, licensed pharmacy consultants, certified pharmacy technicians, a registered nurse, billing experts and account managers. We are part of the Guardian family of pharmacies, and serve the entire state of Alabama from our location in Birmingham. Our pharmacy serves an extensive range of patients each month, from residents at assisted living facilities to mental health residential and outpatient consumers. We take our responsibility to you and your clients very seriously and every day we strive to make sure that every prescription we fill receives our utmost care and attention.
Customer Bill of Rights
We believe that every customer has the right to expect:
- Careful attention to the details of every prescription and accurate medication review and dispensing
- Professional, courteous, caring and trustworthy employees every time
- Prompt, helpful service and support
- Timely delivery of medications
- Detailed, accurate billing and correct submittal to their insurance plans
- Accurate medication records and upholding the patient’s right for privacy
Philip Boyd is the President and CEO of Southern Pharmaceutical Services in Birmingham, Alabama. He has been leading the team at SPS since 2008. Since joining SPS, Philip has been an integral part of its transition to a full service pharmacy that now serves more than 3000 patients monthly, including clients from such diverse areas as Long-Term Care and Outpatient Services. Philip holds a BE in Electrical engineering from Vanderbilt University.